Dehumidification In Port Aransas, North Padre Island, Corpus Christi, TX and Surrounding Areas
The weather on South Texas Coast has a lot of sweaty humidity. The rise in air moisture can cause damage to your house and your family’s health. It can also cause cracks in walls, paint peeling off and even damage the furniture.
The recommended humidity level for a comfortable and healthy environment is between 30% to 50%. Anything higher or lower can be considered unhealthy and inefficient. Humidity levels can be lowered or increased through dehumidification.
Your home might not need heating or cooling, but it definitely will need humidity control. The new and upgraded air conditioning units have the latest cutting-edge technology, providing heating, cooling, and humidity control for a comfortable environment.
You do not require to stress anymore as you look for a service provider for dehumidification in Port Aransas, TX. Call Comfort Design Inc., and you can connect with trained professionals.
It’s no secret that we live in a highly humid environment on the South Texas Coast. Port Aransas has a particularly high salinity environment that is hard on our homes. We often find homes here that experience issues with paint peeling, walls separating/cracking, moist floors, damaged furniture, insect problems, musty smells, and worst of all…microbial growth (we don’t say the other “M” word around here). From a comfortability standpoint, a less humid home will feel much more comfortable. People often tell us that, once we dehumidified their home, they can actually run the air conditioning at higher temperatures because it’s too cold to run it as low as they did in the past.
Benefits of dehumidification
- Dehumidification keeps indoor air humidity at optimum levels so your family can live comfortably.
- It helps prevent furniture, walls, curtains, and bed linen damage.
- It prevents the growth of mold, which thrive in an extremely humid environment.
- The mold growth can cause an unpleasant odor in the environment.
- Dehumidification can prevent these unpleasant odors and help keep the air fresh.
- It reduces the amount of dust settled in your house.
- It helps the air conditioning unit run more efficiently and helps save energy.
When do you need a dehumidifier?
- If you have recently moved and your allergies are increasing.
- You start experiencing a foul smell in your home.
- Your clothes smell damp even after a wash.
- You start experiencing respiratory illness and cough.
- Increase in unwanted pests.
Where to find a dehumidifier installation service?
You do not have to look for dehumidifier service providers everywhere, and you can search for an AC contractor near me.
Before purchasing a dehumidifier, you need to know the tank size best suited for your house and what humidity range can the appliance control.
Here at Comfort Design Inc., we provide our customers with the best HVAC service. Every house on the southern coast of texas must have an appliance for dehumidification for a healthy and comfortable environment.
It will keep the air you breathe fresh and prevent any moisture from damaging your house. For AC installations, search for a dehumidifier installation near me. To schedule an appointment, you can connect with us.
How does whole-home dehumidification work?Your air conditioner, when properly maintained, is your homes primary dehumidifier. Its job is to remove moisture from the air and supply cool dry air. However, there are some areas of the country, like ours, where supplemental dehumidification is necessary for most homes to prevent the above-named issues. Whole-home dehumidifiers can assist your air conditioning system, and coupled with better filtration, can dramatically improve the health of your home. We often see systems that are oversized and run too short of cycles to properly dehumidify. Supplemental dehumidification can also help overcome this common problem.
Common misconceptionsMany think that we can’t bring fresh air into our homes since the outside air is so humid. Others think that the musty smell in our homes is just part of living on the coast. If we’ve learned anything since 2020, it’s that we need fresh air in our homes. The average person spends about 90% of their time indoors, and today many homes are built to avoid air infiltration. This is definitely good in our environment from the standpoint of humidity, but the sacrifice that comes with that can be a sick home with high levels of carbon dioxide, bacteria, viruses, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)and more. In these cases, we recommend bringing in fresh air through the whole-home dehumidifier so that the home is being supplied with filtered fresh dry air. You CAN have a must-free home on the coast, and leave the sea smell at the sea!
IAQAs experts in indoor air quality,the best advice we can give our South Texas homeowners is to control the controllables. Most importantly, control the humidity and control the particulates in the air. Keep filters clean to make sure that you have good airflow. Have better filtration to catch more particulates keeps both your air and your air conditioner cleaner. Having you’re A/C unit professionally maintained each year extends the life of the unit and keeps it clean.
- Low ambient humidity impairs barrier function and innate resistance against influenza infection
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Built Environment Considerations To Reduce Transmission
- RR-0203: Relative Humidity
- Everything you need to know about humidity in your home
- What is the difference between Mold and Mildew?
- Berkeley Lab, EPA Studies Confirm Large Public Health And Economic Impact of Dampness and Mold:
- Printable Version of Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings
- Rotting Walls Humidity
- When Moisture Attacks and the Impact to Your Building Envelope
- Discover scientific knowledge and stay connected to the world of science