Summer in Port Aransas can be a hot and humid time of year, making having a well-functioning air conditioning system imperative. However, wear and tear can occur with regular use of your AC, causing your AC to run less efficiently or even break down. Therefore, regular AC maintenance is essential to keep your system running smoothly throughout the summer. This guide will help you with everything you need to know to keep your AC in top condition, including AC maintenance in Port Aransas. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Why AC Maintenance is Important
Regular AC maintenance is vital to keep your system running at peak performance. Not only does it help prevent breakdowns, but it can also elongate the lifespan of your unit, improve indoor air quality, and lower your energy bills. Conversely, paying attention to AC maintenance can result in higher energy bills, frequent breakdowns, and the need for costly repairs or AC replacement in Port Aransas.
AC Maintenance Checklist
Here’s a checklist of essential AC maintenance tasks you should perform regularly:
- Clean or replace air filters: Dirty air filters can reduce your system’s efficiency and airflow, directing to increased energy bills and poor indoor air quality. Make sure to clean or replace your air filters at least once a month or more often if you have pets or allergies.
- Check thermostat settings: Ensure your thermostat is set to the right temperature and mode. Increasing the thermostat by a few degrees when you are away from home during the day is advisable to conserve energy and save on costs.
- Clean the outdoor unit: Clear away any debris, such as leaves, twigs, or dirt, from around the outdoor unit. Use a garden hose to clean the exterior of the unit gently.
- Check the refrigerant levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause your AC to run less efficiently and increase energy bills. If you observe that your AC unit is blowing warm air or not cooling your home as well as it should, it’s time to check the refrigerant levels.
- Check the condenser coil: The condenser coil is in the outdoor unit and helps remove heat from your home. Over time, the ring can become dirty or damaged, reducing your system’s efficiency. Make sure to clean or replace the condenser coil as needed.
- Lubricate moving parts: Moving parts like the fan motor or bearings need regular lubrication to run smoothly. Use a few drops of oil to lubricate these parts as needed.
- Check electrical connections: Faulty electrical connections can cause your AC to run less efficiently or pose a safety hazard. Check all electrical connections and replace any damaged wires or connectors.
- Test the AC system: Test your AC system to ensure it’s running smoothly. Check for unusual noises or odors, and make sure the airflow is consistent. If you are looking for a local HVAC contractor, search online for AC installation near me and select a professional company with at least 5 years of experience.
When to Call for Professional AC Maintenance
While regular AC maintenance is essential, some tasks require the expertise of a professional. Here are some few signs that it’s time to call for professional AC Repair in Port Aransas:
- Your AC is making strange noises or emitting odd odors.
- Your AC needs to be cooling your home effectively.
- Your energy bills have increased significantly.
- Your AC system is over ten years old.
- You notice leaks or pooling water around your AC unit.